BodyHealth Team Member Steve Ilg
I’m a very feeble mountain yogi/fitness monk who has been teaching a unique style of multi-disciplined lifestyle wellness known as Wholistic Fitness™ since 1982. My books, CDs, DVDs, and coaching programs have touched the lives of thousands of people at all levels of fitness, sport performance, awareness, and clarity.
Like any genuine Teacher, I’m not easy to find. I’m tucked away in my childhood home of Durango, Colorado, in a lofty, stunningly beautiful hamlet waaaay up high in the San Juan Mountains next to a wild, rushing river … where I have been waiting for you.
It’s been quite a journey getting to this moment.Here is some of what Wholistic Fitness has allowed me to accomplish over the past 34 years or so:
- Founder of Wholistic Fitness™ and High Performance Yoga™.
- Over 200 podiums in 23 different sports inspiring Outside magazine to name me “America’s MultiSport Mutant.”
- Best-selling author with books in 11 languages including The Outdoor Athlete, The Winter Athlete, and Total Body Transformation.
- Five World Championships in four different sports! An athletic feat not yet equaled.
- 75 First Ascents in rock, ice, and peak climbing, and dozens of course records in ultra-cycling, duathlon, triathlons, and quadrathlons.
- Coach since 1982 to several regional, national, world and Olympic champions in a variety of sports.
- Helped pioneer the bridge between western training methods and eastern contemplative and physiologic sciences.
- Certified as a USCF Expert Coach, a registered yoga teacher, and a structural bodyworker.
- Pioneered “Online Training” when the internet was first created.
- A Lead Director of Sunrider® Whole Food Herbs since 1983, and developer of a proven “3-Phase Approach to Using Sunrider® Herbs” (Fat Loss/Cell Cleansing, Cell Empowerment, and Lifestyle Maintenance).